Thursday, September 17, 2009

Embarrassing Mom

I was dropping Benjamin off at school the other day and he decided to sit down and eat breakfast, even though I had already slaved over an amazing bowl of cereal for him to eat at home before we left. So Emily and I went to drop his backpack off in his locker, and as I came back to the cafeteria to say goodbye to him I saw that he was sitting by this very pretty girl that he must have known because he was trying desperately not to talk to her only the way that boys do with very pretty girls. So we walked up to him and I said, "Bye Ben. Mommy will see you at home later have a great day." And as I leaned down to give him a kiss he shyly smiled and turned his head looking inconspiculously at the girl sitting next to him. I smiled and said, "Love you buddy. See you at home." I walked away feeling neglected and sad that my 5 year old son did not want to kiss his "mommy" goodbye.

So today I dropped him off at school again only today he wanted to go straight outside to play before the bell rang. As I said goodbye to him I asked him for a kiss. He looked at me again shyly looking around to see if anyone was looking and quickly kissed me so that no one would see.

I guess that I should be happy that it wasn't because of the girl, it was just because I am his mom. On second thought, I'm not sure if that makes me happy at all???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... bummer. Is he the first one to do that? I haven't really got that yet from any of them. Of course, I mostly just hug them when we are at school.

The whole thing is pretty cute though. Sorry if it makes you feel sad.

TheGirlHunter said...

LOL WOW HE IS GETTING TO BE A GROWN BOY HUH?? LOL HE JUST DOESNT WANT HIS FRIENDS TO SEE HIM KISSING HIS MOMMY TOUGH BOYS DONT KISS THEIR MOMMIES!! LOL